Heroine Sheik was Bonnie’s beloved blog about sex, gender, technology, and video games. Though it’s no longer running, it’s still chock full o’ (five year’s worth of) interesting content. Go check it out!
Don’t know where to begin? Here are some recommended posts:
- “‘Portal’ Is for Lesbians”
- “Reading Cybersex as Erotica”
- “Eating as Fighting: Consumption, Penetration, and Kirby”
- “Raising Cybersex from the Gutter”
- “On Joysticks, Breasts, and My Trackpad Clitoris”
About Heroine Sheik: Bonnie started Heroine Sheik back in 2005; it ran until late 2009, with a stint as part of The Village Voice. Initially intended as a place to rant about sex and games, Heroine Sheik ended up being both a personal and a theoretical site, a place where new media was always up for debate, where there was no such thing as over-analyzing, where Bonnie and her nerdiness were… sigh… home.