Between 2005 and 2009, Bonnie worked as a part-time, then full-time freelance journalist specializing in tech, games, sex, and gender.
In addition to writing her blog Heroine Sheik, she amassed a few hundred (eep!) articles while earning her gaming cred at websites like Joystiq, Terra Nova, Gamasutra, and The Escapist — and later as a regular contributer to mainstream publications like The Village Voice, The Economist, Wired, Forbes, The Onion, and SF Weekly.
You can find a full list of Bonnie’s articles, by publication, back on Heroine Sheik. Not sure where to start? Try some recommended reading:
- “Can Online Sex Heal Emotional Trauma?”
- “‘Resident Evil’: White Man Shoots Black Zombies”
- “Life Is Short. Have an Affair, New York”
- “Will Internet Porn Survive the Recession?”
- “Survival Horror Games: Women Monsters and Monstrous Women”